In conformity with Supreme Court judgements and directions, UGC guidelines and State Government Instructions, Sri Malolan College of Arts and Science, Madurantakam is following ‘Zero-Tolerance policy’ towards ragging. Any student of Sri Malolan College of Arts and Science accused and found guilty of ragging, will be severely dealt with, in accordance with the Provisions of the Law.
To build a ragging free environment by instilling the principles of democratic values, tolerance, empathy, compassion and sensitivity to that students become responsible citizens
To create an atmosphere of discipline by passing a clear message that no act of ragging in college premises.
• To prohibit any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
• To bring out an awareness among the students about the consequences of ragging.
• To keep a constant eye and vigilance over ragging so as to prevents its occurrence.
• To address any ragging issues immediately and taken action as advised by the committee.
• Anti-Ragging Cell executive meeting will held at thrice in a year.
Our Campus is ragging free
1. Our college has anti-ragging committee with the Principal Dr. V. Subathra as the Chairman and Dr. D. Muruganandam as the Vice Chairman. The Convenor of the committee is Mr.C.Iyyappan, the Head of the Department of BCA. His mobile No is 9994481571.
2. A Box to lodge complaints related to ragging has been kept in important places to enable students to drop their complaints in anonymity. Faculty members and Staff members are given awareness on ragging and its legal implications.